Sunday 13 May 2012

She Said April Beauty Box Review

Hello lovely people,

This was the second box from She Said Beauty. It contained 6 products (very good!) and a Lindor chocolate egg (a very pleasing extra touch). I like the magnetic box, I think that's a nifty feature and the straw is quite cute. I also like the duck egg blue colouring and the pink tissue, sounds a little odd, but it works.




So what was inside....




1) Filthy Gorgeous- Nail Polish in tu-tu much

This nail polish packaging isn't really my style and I don't understand why the product usually comes with a plectrum, seems like needless waste. So no, I wouldn't buy this again, it doesn't look like a £9 product to me. This sample was full size. On the plus side, one coat provides really very good coverage and I like the colour. If this was a few pounds cheaper, and the packaging was less OTT I would definitely buy other shades.



2) Comfort Zone- Body Expert Kit

This cute little box contained 6 sachets of different products (Fruity Peel Exfoliator, Aromasoul Shower Gel, D-age Body Cream, Body strategist + Remodeller, Vital Leg Cream and Tranquillity Cream). At first I thought this would be good for taking on holiday (otherwise I never use sachets) but I have heard numerous horror stories of people breaking out in a painful rash after using some of them. I think I'll avoid!



3) Mischa Barton- Luscious Lips Pink Pop

I didn't even know Mischa Barton did make-up, I thought it was just uninspiring handbags. This it must be said, is an uninspiring lipbalm. It is fairly moisturising and it *does* have SPF15. I can't say that I'm impressed with the pigmentation, it didn't seem to have any. Dull product, sorry guys! This does smell okay though and is full size. It would cost £12.00 to acquire more, WHY would anybody pay that?! I'm sorry Mischa but this feels more like a £3 bargain product.



4) Bharti Vyas- The Ultimate Therapy Face and Neck Polish

I haven't tried this yet, I'll save it for when I'm next travelling. I've read good reviews though, so am interested to give it a shot.



5) Bellapierre- Shimmer Powder

I like this, it is a sparkly shimmer powder that you can apply following moisturiser. The colour in my box was champagne which is a lovely sparkly gold. This will get used, I love sparkly highlighters and eyeshadows. This is a full size product and retails at £12.99.


6) *Bonus* Erno Laszlo- The Hollywood Collection

I was really happy with this, as I'd been hoping to get it in my Harrods GLOSSYBOX. As a bonus product I was very chuffed with this, and can imagine this annoying people who had got one as one of their 5 March GLOSSYBOX products. I'm looking forwards to trying out the different creams!



Poor She Said, I feel I've been very harsh on them. Really this was a good box, 3 out of the 5 products were full sized and the two bonus items were a lovely idea. The team have clearly worked hard on this box, and it is very nicely presented. I like the fact that there was a nail product, bath/shower product, lip product, eye product and a skin product, that's quite cool.

I think my real issue with this box was that three of the products were not to my taste, but that really isn't a flaw with the box. I've cancelled my subscription for now, but have a feeling I might be back. Maybe She Said is aimed more at teenagers? I felt a bit old for some of the products.

Having seen the May box I was quite tempted to resubscribe, but was put off as it contained more false eyelashes. If my second Lux box doesn't impress me, I might be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment