Sunday 13 May 2012

Leonardo da Vinci

In March, I was lucky enough to stumble upon the 'Ten Drawings by Leonardo da Vinci: A Diamond Jubilee Celebration' exhibition when it was at Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery.



I have to admit, although keen on art, I know little in depth about it. So I really enjoy opportunities to improve my knowledge. This is a really interesting little exhibition. The drawings on display are all part of the Royal Collection.

My personal favourites were the Head of Leda and The Heard of An Old Bearded Man in Profile. Although Da Vinci's ingenious weapon designs are highly entertaining. The accompanying guidebook was £5 and contains lots of interesting background to the works on display. It also gave me something to read while in the queue! (Despite visiting late in the day we still had to queue for an hour to see the exhibition- it was worth the wait.)


The exhibition is still on in Bristol Museum and Art Gallery until the 10th of June, I strongly recommend it if you are in the area. 


XXX



No comments:

Post a Comment